free website stats program Engine | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Engine

Bubbie your way too quiet. You do know what I said was just a joke.. :D

I don't listen to trash talk!! cause I'm hard of HEARing and I know IF you didn't LIKE me you would not PICK on ME!

Your "all" OKAY in my book! Just some times I don't read the book!

signed....BUBBIE

and besides I'm using an Old MAC puter and it is as slow as me.

I don't listen to trash talk!! cause I'm hard of HEARing and I know IF you didn't LIKE me you would not PICK on ME!

signed....BUBBIE

Well played, sometimes the only response is silence.:s

signed....BUBBIE

You had to say it now Im Bubbie II, but thats OK I kind of like it:p

You sure it's lifters? If you have an early 6-speed the 5th and 6th gears are straight cut versus helical and they're really noisy compared to 1 through 4. The newer ones have 5th helical cut now as i understand it. But, I've bought my last bike so I'm not getting near enough one to find out unless I ride with someone else that's got one.

This season I noticed a lifter noise, then found my exhaust pipe nuts were loose. Exhaust leak. Thghtened them and the sound is gone.

You sure it's lifters? If you have an early 6-speed the 5th and 6th gears are straight cut versus helical and they're really noisy compared to 1 through 4. The newer ones have 5th helical cut now as i understand it. But, I've bought my last bike so I'm not getting near enough one to find out unless I ride with someone else that's got one.

Straight cut in 1st and 5th with the others being helical gears.

Understanding Transmission Gears - Harley Davidson Community

Back