free website stats program Engine turns over but no fire | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Engine turns over but no fire

thanks so much bro for going thru all this to try and me. its really close to those but i guess revtech put thier own spin on them im gonna try and upload a pic

If you open the cone cover with the ignition on the lights should be on for testing. If they dont light up the ignition is probably bad, HI 4 and the cheap knock off made over seas both work the same way check for indicator lights in the cone first and good luck:s

Here is an attached pic of what I have. Sorry my responses are so slow, I am running from my garge to the computer in 105 heat. Thanks for your help in advance.

Taz

No lights come on whatsoever.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 19
Last edited by a moderator:
Here is an attached pic of what I have. Sorry my responses are so slow, I am running from my garge to the computer in 105 heat. Thanks for your help in advance.

Taz

Do the lights cone on with the key? If not check to see if you have power to the pickup assembly, that is a cheap copy of a HI4

yes it is behind the nose cone the gasket was still on and i didnt see the screw driver slot sorry for the confusion

sorry jack .how do i check the pickup assembly

sorry jack .how do i check the pickup assembly

Those two stand off screws in the pix come out and the module pulls straight out. See if anything has come loose behind the module, but that should not stop the lights from coming on unless the rotor has come loose and torn up the back of the module. If this has happened, as Jack said - new module.

TQ

what would you recommend.just a new ignition mod or a whole new charging system

Ignition module to get her running, but first check to see if there is a problem getting power to the ignition. You got to make her run to check the charging system. make sure the motor and tranny are grounded as this will take out the ignition and the charging system. Do you have a test light? If u do, alligator lead on positive of battery, probe engine case and tranny case and frame if you have a ground the light will glow:s

thanks guys going out to try and see whats inside

----------------------------------------------------

found the problem back of ign.mod had the two ears sheard off and the cup they ride in is bent any idea what could have caused this

Back