free website stats program Engine turning over but no spark! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Engine turning over but no spark!

Bike ran at one time supposedly there was a spark now it doesn't run what color wire powers up the ignition module? yea gift exactly...im so thankful...cant u tell thank goodness i have a back up

I would start on page two,, with the Red, Black, Green wires going to the "pickup".
Looks to be a hall effect switch. My guess is Red is B+, Black is ground, and Green is square wave trigger out. If so, place your voltmeter on the Green trigger out with Black as reference and turn engine through by hand (ignition on) to check for trigger signal out. Meter should swing from something like +5 volts to 0 volts.
Without that trigger signal, the coil will never fire the spark. Now that you have a diagram, see where those 3 cut wires are going. Doesn't look like many white wires exist.

Some of the wiring makes little sense. That gray (or white) wire from the coil (page2) that goes to the kill switch on page 1. Applying B+ from the kill switch to the coil kills the engine? I guess you could design a circuit to do that but why.

Back