free website stats program engine too rich | Harley Davidson Forums

engine too rich

tucks

Hi can someone help me out my engine is running too rich on my fatboy theres a fair bit of black smoke coming out the exhaust how do i change it?thankyou

What have you done to it recently and what jets in the carb. You seem to have a lot of problems with the carb from your other posts.

i ve had a fair few probs with it recently i havnt really done anything to it,what do you mean what jets in the carb?

I very strongly suggest you take it to a mechanic or buy the factory manual if you plan on working on this bike.

If you don't have enough mechanical knowledge to know what a jet is, then opening up a carb to ascertain the jet sizes or how to trouble shoot a problem would take the rest of eternity to explain for you so you could check things over and it would prove to be a very costly endeavor for you when you do some damage.

I say this as good advice and not to be nasty.

ive got the manual but it doesnt really help is it simple enough to sort out?

Glider is talking about the HD Factory Service Manual that covers you bike model and year. This is not an after market manual or the Owners Manual.

Once you have the manual, turn to the Carburetor section of the Fuel System part of the manual. Read that section twice before trying anything. Simple to work on these CV carbs, but not flying blind.

TQ

Back