free website stats program engine swap | Harley Davidson Forums

engine swap

bill613613

i have a 2000 clasic and was thinking about a engine swap to a 113 ultima and was wondering if the stock fuel injection is going to be big enough or will this also need to be replaced. or would it be better to go nto a carb....

i have a 2000 clasic and was thinking about a engine swap to a 113 ultima and was wondering if the stock fuel injection is going to be big enough or will this also need to be replaced. or would it be better to go nto a carb....

So, you are planning to replace your Twin Cam engine with a Big Twin (EVO) engine? I haven't checked Ultima lately but I was not aware they were building Twin Cam engines these days.

Ultima makes a 113 kit for twin cams which includes a new crank, (doubt it's welded and plugged) heads, pistons and jugs but it requires boring the stock cases for the new cylinders. I would imagine between parts and either doing it yourself to save some labor costs or having an indy do it would end up in the $3500-$4000 neighborhood. About what you'd spend on an Ultima motor anyway.......just my .02

A high performance programable module should help you fuel injection needs.

Good Luck.

:rider :rider :rider :rider

Ultima makes a 113 kit for twin cams which includes a new crank, (doubt it's welded and plugged) heads, pistons and jugs but it requires boring the stock cases for the new cylinders. I would imagine between parts and either doing it yourself to save some labor costs or having an indy do it would end up in the $3500-$4000 neighborhood. About what you'd spend on an Ultima motor anyway.......just my .02

The OP referenced and "engine" swap, not a kit. I haven't seen the Ultima 113" TC kit; can you post a link?

Once you start to get north of $4000, the SE120R starts looking like a pretty good option. Some discount dealers have been selling them for less than $5K.

The OP referenced and "engine" swap, not a kit. I haven't seen the Ultima 113" TC kit; can you post a link?

Once you start to get north of $4000, the SE120R starts looking like a pretty good option. Some discount dealers have been selling them for less than $5K.

Me Too, the 113 is an Evo case by what I have seen Ultima Motorcycle Products

Thanks. However, the kit is $4000 without cams. SE120R still looks like a better deal as one can keep the original engine to re-install in the future or sell as complete or parted out to recover some of the cost of the 120R.

Don't know why the OP would consider converting to carb to increase the cost of the upgrade; cheaper to bore the OEM TB.

Back