free website stats program Engine swap from a 2006 to an 86 frame | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Engine swap from a 2006 to an 86 frame

Guys, I appreciate all of your advice. I knew there would be changes and modifications needed, but I honestly didn't realize the power gain would be so small. I think i am going to continue with my original plan of completely re-building the engine in the bike, with a complete paint job on the cases, a Big Bore kit, head work, cam install and a bigger carb. The TC88 seems like a lot of work, for little gain, and I've gotten mixed reviews on it's reliability. Of course, if you ask 10 people if theye are reliable, you'll get 6 different answers....LOL

I'm sure I'll be asking dozens of questions on re-builing of the bike in the future. Thanks again for all of the input.

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at the giddy up you can achieve with that old Evo mill. I'm an old school guy at heart, and just love the reliability and simplicity of the Evo. I argue it's still the best motor Harley ever produced for reliability and bang for your buck performance, but there will always be other opinions. It's the small block chevy of the motorcycle world and you can practically find parts at the local grocery store it's so common and supported by the aftermarket world.

Back