free website stats program Engine replacement | Harley Davidson Forums

Engine replacement

tjarus

I have a 2001 sportster XL883 and I was wondering how big of an engine I could replace the 883 without having to change anything but the engine.

Hey... I'm New To The Site...I'm 19 and just bought my frist big engine bike...i got a 07 Dyna Low Rider 1584 Cubic Inch 6 Gears...frist bike i bought was a 883 Sporster 03 100 anvery when i was 15<< yea thats right Worked real hard off for it to... i notice a HUGE different in the power of the engine.....
i was looking for some tips on proper fast shifting...
I notice theres shorter shifting and more power...
or is somthing that i just gotta ajust to?

Your Yough Rider Rick!...

Last edited by a moderator:
right on... i see what you mean..thx for the tip.... yea i got a maual just gotta go in the fiel cabnit....*scary tryign to find (EDIT:newsmile055:) in there*.... i'll let you knwo in a couple days if i found it or not....

little about the 6th (EDIT:newsmile055:) i knwo about is that if you crousing at 110 km/h or higher.... that when you use it...i sugest useing it at 115km/h feel it smoother when having to speed up for passing or something.... it drop the rmp a abit for gas consevering.. sory bout spelling:p .....

now say i was ripping it down the high way.... and toping all my gears, i can ezly get to 180 km/h in 5 gear....not fully sure if i can go anyfaster since i;m foucused on the road....dont wanna look down..(EDIT:newsmile055:) could happen to fast... but once i'm at 180km/h i can shift up to 6 and go again... althought i feel the 6 gears isnlt for rippping it at top speeds and more of a overdrive gear....but is more then capable to continue gaining speed....so far 195km/h is my top speed... and more then happy with that...since my lifes on the line:p... i might sound younge and stuipd in some people eyes...but seriously you gotta do it atleat a couple times to get it outta your system....

but it all abotu the riding for me...its my time to overlook the world from somethign i enjoy doing....<!>Ride To Live! LIVE To Ride<!>

i also ride with my dad he just got the 08 anv batwingd faring....also 1584 cubic inch...

at one point i woudl ride it over my bike... and always switch...883 sporty is waht i had at one point.... but switching now :p isnlt asked by me anymore...i knew my old man liked my bike...nakes me thign he just might liek it better :p

from your you youth rider Rick..! Thx Again Gary

Last edited by a moderator:
Back