Engine pinking

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by trikerman, May 21, 2008.

1. trikerman

trikerman Member

Hi there guys,I know that I don't post often but I lookin from time to time, I have a stock2000 Road king classic which as done 19,000 miles, I have owned it from new, and I have a problem with engine pinking espescially if I'm towing a trailer,any Ideas what's wrong,and can it do any damage.

Thanks John.

2. glider

glider Veteran Member

3. trikerman

trikerman Member

Thanks for the reply Glider I'll look into it.

John

4. Derekj

Derekj Member

If it really only happens when pulling and you have used the higher octane, then you could also use an octane booster to help while towing. If your 2000 is stock and you pull a lot, I would also recommend installing tw37 cams,ac and pipes. This will give you a comfortable power boost that will make the trailer feel like it was not there.

5. will2002

will2002 Member

If I don`t use at least 91, my 02 Ultra sounds like an old diesel job! And 93 is all the better.:D

6. trikerman

trikerman Member

Thanks for the replies Guy's, sorry late in answering but we have been on vacation for a few days.

Cheers John.

7. R. Lewis

R. Lewis Senior Member Retired Moderators

Any update on the pinging issue?

8. trikerman

trikerman Member

No mate as I've been away for a few days, and the weather is crap here at the moment,

Thanks, John.

9. trikerman

trikerman Member

Here is an update, I've ordered a Power Pro Fueller for my Bikefrom Kitech Performance Ltd, Kitech Performance Limited - Home. When it arrives and I've fitted it I will Let you guys know how it performs.

John.

10. trikerman

trikerman Member

Well I've fitted the power pro fueller to-day and took the bike down the freeway and accelleration is a lot better, I took the Trike up to 90mph and it pulled well, I didn't fancy trying it any faster. I will be towing my teardrop trailer this week- end so will see if pinging has ceased.

John.