free website stats program engine ping | Harley Davidson Forums

engine ping

chance

After getting no where with the dealer with my engine pinging while riding in the mountains in eastern Arizona. I called HD Customer Service. It turn out that HD has a new map for the ECM for high temperature and high temperature riding I had the ECM reflashed and the bike runs like a champ now. If you have this problem, talk to your dealer about Calibration number 41000205. that is the newnumber for ECM 34245-11. This was for a 2011 Untra Classic, yours may be different

Becuse my bike is stock and under warrantee, there was no charge. I don't know if they will charge if your bike is modified.

Many thanks from this end...I just came through Arizona to South California and pinged off and on from Phoenix when temps were about 105 - on my 2011 RG Ultra...

Question: Does a stage one address any of this????

Many thanks from this end...I just came through Arizona to South California and pinged off and on from Phoenix when temps were about 105 - on my 2011 RG Ultra...

Question: Does a stage one address any of this????

Welcome to The Forum, IMO you would be better off with some type of fueler

A stage 1 only lets in more air and if you get the download, it just takes you back to stock basically and raise your rev limiter which isn't needed on the TC engines if you want them to last.

Get a fueler and richen it up a bit, it will run better and cooler and probably will not ping any more.

I recommend the TFI which you will find on this forum home page.
Harley Davidson Forums or look here

Back