free website stats program engine noise ? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

engine noise ?

Neil i think you have hit on it. On the ride home i was thinking lifters & v train noise i have a flo-mo air cleaner, i was thinking of putting my stock a/c back on, & listening, its physically larger than the flo-mo a/c. may change the sound. Thank you...Sir...

You may have a bit of slack in the primary chain, that shows up when lugging the engine as the chain adjuster though automatic requires a few strong accelerations and chopping the throttle off to "ratchet" it a bit tighter. I know on my Sporty I can hear the tensioner pad making a slight noise when chain rubs it when moving from drive to coast loading in gear at low speed (clutch out).

Thank you NEWHD74FAN.. Ill check that also ..Thanks for all the responses..More minds working on the problems the better..........thats a Great forum......

had similiar noise from my '06 Super Glide. but only at those lower rpm's, soon as i reached higher rpm's noise was gone. you could actually hear it fade as rpm's increased. when cruising i think i was around 3500 rpm, no tach, and she ran sweet and didn't require downshift to pass almost anything short of those cagers that speed up as you attempt to pass. then all that was required was a downshift and a evil stare as you flew by. LOL

Back