free website stats program engine light | Harley Davidson Forums

engine light

rsbourff

i have a 2008 eletra glide standard and while riding, the engine light came on, and lost all power from the throttle. It idles high but that is all it will do. Have anyone had this problem before, or may know what the problem could be.

ok, check in the manual, and it says that the electronic throttle control has a Forced Idle Mode, which forced the throttle plate actuator to a (fast idle) position which will provide enough torque to a crawl, (which is what mine is doing) but not enough torque to operate at traffic speed. Not sure on how to check for the code

I checked the codes and it shows p1511, which says (throttle actuator control power management failure of throttle control actuator) also shows
p2135 ( TPS correction error). my question is can anyone tell me what that means and do i need to take it to the dealer to have it repaired

Craig has you covered...in that thread Jaceddie dealt with problems with handlebar control wiring and connector inside...

"--installed new sensor has longer wiring and no mid wire connector. Put it in today, and it's working great with no codes. The HD part number is 32310-08."

May want to look into that new revision sensor/cable arrangement.:s

want to thank everyone for the advise concerning the problem I had with the throttle. when it happened, all sorts of things ran through my mind, but after receiving everyone response, I realize, its not as bad as I was thinking. Never knew how to get the engine codes until I checked on this site. Thanks for the info, I really appreciate it.:ap

Back