free website stats program Engine light with batt light and low voltage gauge | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Engine light with batt light and low voltage gauge

Replaced the charging system more or less. Minus battery. Local HD shop had all the parts on hand so I figured I might as well change regulator stator and rotor to eliminate any chance of the part I didn't change failing. The voltage regulator was the faulty part and prob could have gotten away with just changing it. So I took jacks advice and swapped it all out, however I did not upgrade anything seeing how it is already a 50 amp system. At least that what the parts guy was telling me. I dunno for sure but it works now and that is all that matters. I charged the battery over night to ensure it was fully charged due to all the idling and starting I knew it had to be getting low. Changed everything out in about 5 hrs give or take a few. Not really that hard to do. Fired it up and tested everything. Getting 13.7 at the battery at idle. 18-19 from the stator at idle and at 2k 38.? Can't remember now. It works as advertised.
WAP.gif

Replaced the charging system more or less. Minus battery. Local HD shop had all the parts on hand so I figured I might as well change regulator stator and rotor to eliminate any chance of the part I didn't change failing. The voltage regulator was the faulty part and prob could have gotten away with just changing it. So I took jacks advice and swapped it all out, however I did not upgrade anything seeing how it is already a 50 amp system. At least that what the parts guy was telling me. I dunno for sure but it works now and that is all that matters. I charged the battery over night to ensure it was fully charged due to all the idling and starting I knew it had to be getting low. Changed everything out in about 5 hrs give or take a few. Not really that hard to do. Fired it up and tested everything. Getting 13.7 at the battery at idle. 18-19 from the stator at idle and at 2k 38.? Can't remember now. It works as advertised.
WAP.gif

Good for you. As a bonus you did the work yourself, you know it was done right.

Took it for about an 80 mile round trip yesterday to give it a workout. Started out a little chilly and was running the gerbings gloves (best investment to date) and she ran without any issues. I'm happy.

Back