free website stats program Engine light with batt light and low voltage gauge | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Engine light with batt light and low voltage gauge

Where is the compensator bolt? Code was P0562 low voltage.
WAP.gif

That is the bolt at the front (engine) sprocket, with the voltage low you can bet the regulator is tied in, if and when you replace it make sure your battery is fully charged

Throwing new codes - Harley Davidson Forums - HDTimeline.com

Here is the link to the thread where the Service Bulletin is mentioned. I think it is on page 3, written by 01RK.

Hopple posted the Service Bulletin, I only posted on the faulty regulators.
Can't take credit on the bulletin.
JMO, I would replace all three, stator regulator and battery and avoid another problem down the road.
Seems when one goes the other two follow.

Code P0562 low voltage. PN32933-08. Not sure what that is but I'm guessing battery. As far as the noise I did hear a rattle but it sounded like it was coming from the rear of the bike. Haven't found the source yet because it doesn't do it every time it's running. Where is the compensator bolt located? I am thinking of pulling the primary cover and have a look around while it's down just for giggles.
WAP.gif

I agree with the others . You should change stator and regulator . If you pull the primary cover you are 1/4 way into the job . Its not that big of a job . You could just get the regulator but you take a chance on frying it if the stator is bad too .. This doesn't always happen but it can. The first thing I would do is clean all battery connections on both ends of the cable . Use dielectric grease on connections . Charge battery and see what the system is doing then . You will get strange readings if the battery isn't charged . Good luck .

Usually with a stator change the regulator goes out soon after and visa verse. I would also replace both the stator and regulator.

If I change out the stator with voltage reg at the same time will the rotor need to be changed out as well or can it be reused. I'm not scared to tear it apart I just wanna make sure I've got everything to put it back together cause I don't wanna do this but once. Now with that being said I plan on having this bike a while and I know it is possible to happen again on down the road. I just hate having to take stuff back apart. I like to do it once and be done.
WAP.gif

If I change out the stator with voltage reg at the same time will the rotor need to be changed out as well or can it be reused. I'm not scared to tear it apart I just wanna make sure I've got everything to put it back together cause I don't wanna do this but once. Now with that being said I plan on having this bike a while and I know it is possible to happen again on down the road. I just hate having to take stuff back apart. I like to do it once and be done.
WAP.gif

I would not chance an old rotor, in fact now would be the time to upgrade to a higher out put JMO Harley Davidson Forums If you dont already have this one here is a link

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad to hear your back in the wind. We really would like to know how you took care of the problem.

Back