free website stats program Engine light comes on and off | Harley Davidson Forums

Engine light comes on and off

imounut

I have a 2002 Softail Standard that the engine light comes on and off. The best way I can desribe it is that it only comes on when I'm at normal RPM's "just cruising" It feels like when your in your car and you turn on and off the AC you can "feel it" in your motor. That's what it feels like when the light comes on. If I get on it a little bit, then the light goes out and you can "feel" it in the motor like in the car when you turn the AC off but if I go back to "cruising" then the light will come back on until you get on it again.... What's up? anyone have some ideas on where to start checking things out?

I have a 2002 Softail Standard that the engine light comes on and off. The best way I can desribe it is that it only comes on when I'm at normal RPM's "just cruising" It feels like when your in your car and you turn on and off the AC you can "feel it" in your motor. That's what it feels like when the light comes on. If I get on it a little bit, then the light goes out and you can "feel" it in the motor like in the car when you turn the AC off but if I go back to "cruising" then the light will come back on until you get on it again.... What's up? anyone have some ideas on where to start checking things out?
Your Search Result - Harley Davidson Community

Look around in the above...

The Feeling When the light comes on, That Feeling is "making" the light come on.. Check your codes in the odometer and see the numbers IF a code (s) shows it will lead you in the right direction... Then come back and post them or look under "self help" for a list of codes to help you see..??

Hoople is a good one that will....... no that is WILL help you out.. You find the code # and post them besides looking on you own.. Thanks

SEE Hoop is already here.....

signed....BUBBIE

Sorry Hoople, It is a Carb bike

Hey, If it will make you feel better, I HAVE the light (just started) doing the same thing on my 06 carb 1200 sport R.. But No feeling of anything when it does come on...
So, I'll be watching your progress here..

signed....BUBBIE

ok I'll keep you updated, I'm going to try some Gum Out Regane fo a few tanks and check the codes but the codes are usually in the blinkers and they are not doing anything and my engine light is not flashing. I'll update anything I find out

Never heard of codes flashing your blinkers to tell you something is wrong. That is a new one for me.

"Notes
*If the turn signals flash six four way flashes shortly after key on, it indicates an error code has been logged sometime in the last 3 ignition cycles. On vehicles with TSSM, the security lamp will also light for eight seconds after the bulb check if historic codes are present."

You GOT ME Glider!! It DOES flash your turn signals. I would have never in a million years thought that.

"Notes
*If the turn signals flash six four way flashes shortly after key on, it indicates an error code has been logged sometime in the last 3 ignition cycles. On vehicles with TSSM, the security lamp will also light for eight seconds after the bulb check if historic codes are present."

You GOT ME Glider!! It DOES flash your turn signals. I would have never in a million years thought that.

My wife just told me that one Hoop :laugh

Back