free website stats program Engine light after stopping | Harley Davidson Forums

Engine light after stopping

alabiker

I usually use the ignition switch to turn my 2001 RKC off, but recently used the kill switch. The check engine light blinked once and then stayed on for four seconds. I pulled the code and it was for a Fuel Supply Relay. Since the light wasn't acting up on start-up, I didn't pay too much attention, but it kept up, and then a cpiple of days ago whenever I turned the bike off with the kill switch the check engine light started doing some kind of count-down from 7 to one and then repeated it. Also, a couple of times the fuel pump kept priming after the bike was shut off.

I switched the FSR for the ECM relay, and now the check engine light blinks three times and then stays on for four seconds. Everything else seems the same.

I will go and buy a new relay Monday, but any other ideas? Since the check engine light is normal at start-up, am I good?

Any insight will be appreciated.

Maybe just a weak relay...???

Funny how the pump ran after shut off tho.
You also said never used kill switch...and now use it and problems..hhmmm

Keep us posted and good luck.

Current to run the pump going around OFF some how...

Check back in when you replace the relay.:s

signed....BUBBIE

Sorry for the delay, didn't get the relay until today. Changed it out and ran it for a while, turned the motor off with the kill switch and the check engine light blinked once and went out. Cool. Ran it some more and when I turned it off it was doing the weird countdown blinking. Pulled the code, still Fuel Supply Relay, but on the 2001 RKC you have to go through 50 run cycles to delete a historic code so maybe I just need some more. The light isn't on while I'm running so I'll just keep an eye on it for now. Thanks for your input guys.

I think a HD shop or a independent could use the Scanalizer ?spelling?

and remove it. Most did it for free for me long ago on my 00 FXDS...

signed....BUBBIE

Sorry to be so long in getting back, but after replacing the relay the check engine light kept blinking for a couple of weeks, and then one day I turned the bike off and there was nothing. Since that time, I have been through quite a few run cycles and the problem has not returned. Might have to change Indy's though because mine doesn't hook a bike up to a scanalyzer for free. Love everything else about the place though.

Back