free website stats program Engine Light after Hyper Charger install | Harley Davidson Forums

Engine Light after Hyper Charger install

rw1050

So i installed the Pro series Hyper Charger last week. Runs great except that when I am at low RPM from a stop or between gears that engine light will come on and then when I get up to 2500 rpm's it goes out.It also gets worse when it gets hotter... I do have programmer and I am not showing any codes..

I do not know anything about hyper charger or about fi but i do know that if the engine light comes on it should set a code so you need to extract the code to find out what the error is once you know what the problem is you should be able to fix it

Brian

If it's illuminating @ low RPM the ECM could be sensing something wrong & might not store a code...maybe low intake temp/volume...???

Have you called the manufacturer to troubleshoot b/c I don't believe there are too many pro-HyperCharger owners...more bad than good...

Not meaning to knock your Hypercharger, but there was a great post one time showing poor intake airflow (design creates vortex in cowling). Doesn't mean they're bad...just not best for performance. I'd say Jack has good suggection w/leaks & also make sure your breather tubes aren't kinked/plugged...should be the rubber/metal ports that allow crank airflow (two tubes/ports). Good luck & hope you get things worked out.

So it looks like it was a crimped Vaccum hose from the front cylinder breather... Glad it was easy but kinda frustrating ...

Back