free website stats program Engine Idle Temperature Management System Service Bulletin | Harley Davidson Forums

Engine Idle Temperature Management System Service Bulletin

ewiltgen

Does any body have the link to the full EITMS service bulletin. I found the scan of the first page, but I would like the complete bulletin. My dealer says he can't find it.:31:

Does any body have the link to the full EITMS service bulletin. I found the scan of the first page, but I would like the complete bulletin. My dealer says he can't find it.:31:

I'm behind the times and didn't know there is an EITMS service bulletin. Even though you just have the first page, can you tell me the gist of the bulletin? Thanks.

Thanks TQ, I thought that only applied to the 08s' and up. I think I'll look into it for my 07 FLHT.

Hey guys ,,i believe you should just shut it off ,it's a twin cyclinder let it run on two. My SG doesn't like it when it's on and either do i takes a second to roll out ,,the happy impatient motorists may run into me ,,,, ride safe

Gear, have you done any research on this issue? The EITMs is a good system that can benefit you. have you seen the heat difference between the front and rear jug..that rear jug gets HOT. Heat can and will destroy an engine, so what is wrong with cooling it off? How does your bike act? The system is seamless on my 08 EGC, can't feel it at all.

Hi everyone...new member here, just signed up this evening. I have an 09 SG and have a question related to this thread. When I roll my throttle forward, it does not engage the rear shut off function. That shouldn't happen, right? I roll it forward, my cruise indicator flashes green, but it does not shut off the rear. I can tell it doesn't because when I am stopped and it shuts off automatically, it is very obvious. Sounds different, idles different, vibrates different.

Hi everyone...new member here, just signed up this evening. I have an 09 SG and have a question related to this thread. When I roll my throttle forward, it does not engage the rear shut off function. That shouldn't happen, right? I roll it forward, my cruise indicator flashes green, but it does not shut off the rear. I can tell it doesn't because when I am stopped and it shuts off automatically, it is very obvious. Sounds different, idles different, vibrates different.

When you roll the throttle forward for a few seconds and the cruise indicator turns green, that simply means that the EITMS is "armed." It won't actually shut off the rear cylinder until the engine reaches a certain temperature and is at idle. Until those conditions are met, the EITMS is armed but not engaged. At least that is my understanding.

Back