free website stats program Engine hiccups after 1/2 tank is empty | Harley Davidson Forums

Engine hiccups after 1/2 tank is empty

My 05 electraglide just started this hiccuping when the tank is half or more empty. I have heard that replacing the fuel feed line is usually the answer to the repairs. Is this the line that is ferered to as the fuel supply line and how hard of a job is this to do. Any info on this would be greatly appreciated.

My 05 electraglide just started this hiccuping when the tank is half or more empty. I have heard that replacing the fuel feed line is usually the answer to the repairs. Is this the line that is ferered to as the fuel supply line and how hard of a job is this to do. Any info on this would be greatly appreciated.

Harley Davidson Forums this may help:s

It happened to me in an 04 fatboy. I had a pin size hole in the fuel line. Replaced fuel line and it fixed the problem. I had never done it before but thanks to you tube I was able to fix it.

Thank you all so much for the advice, I need to get to my dealer and pick up a spare fuel line, meanwhile I'm headed out today for a memorial day ride that ends up at a veterans home in King, Wisconsin. Looking forward to chatting with the old vets,yes I am also a vet.

Back