free website stats program Engine heat | Harley Davidson Forums

Engine heat

KenBratt

Just purchased a 2012 Ultra Limited and love the bike. The question I have is this: I knew that the engine on a H-D got hot but this bad boy pretty much cooks my right leg at very slow speeds or heavy traffic. It came with a standard heat shield on it...Are there after market products/heat shields that will better protect me from this problem?

Try the No Morew Fried Thighs, it is a sponsor here and has very good reviews. I will try to find the link.

TYhe Tank beat me to it...lol, thanks and that is the one I was referring to. I do not have them...yet. They are VERY highly reviewed.

what is the difference between these and the stock ones that come on the bike? Size? (Obviously they have better looks to them).

PM Zoood and inquire, my understanding is they are more pliable and provide a better area of control.

what is the difference between these and the stock ones that come on the bike? Size? (Obviously they have better looks to them).

Theres a few differences. Im here now. give me a moment to put my answers together.

I had posted this in here before. For a trike rider. However this also applies to your bike as well.

For the riders that experience the heat while setting in traffic. I sell V-Twin Heat Deflectors. Though the motor company has their own plastic heat shields. Ours are much better for a few reasons. HD's version of our product is made of plastic and their shields are of equal size on each side. The problem with theirs is, since being the same size. They cause what I call a bowl effect. They collect and hold a constant heat under your seat. They also magnify the heat that contacts the passengers right ankle area. My product greatly reduces what contacts the passengers ankle area and it's physical shape, when moving causes more circulation of air movement towards the rear cylinder. Our product is made of aluminum and has a vinyl surface that matches the grain of the seat. Making our deflectors look as an extension of your saddle. Ours blends in with the motorcycle's looks and doesn't stand out as addition. We have been making our heat deflectors since August 2002. Way before anyone. Which enables us to have a superior product over anybody elses version. I had set up a poll on another site that allowed riders that have been using our product to select just how long they have had our product installed. Ive customers that had our product on their bikes since we first started selling them and are still using them to this day and they still look as if they had just installed them. We build ours to last. A lot of riders, instead of purchasing our heat deflectors or deflectors from other sources. Have chosen the more expensive route at making their bikes run richer by changing their pipes, their cams and so forth, anything to make the bike's engine run cooler and they have had success at reducing the engine's temperature. But no matter what you add to enrich-en your scoot's engine. You will never get the rear cylinder of your engine to operate under 120 degrees. The reason I bring this temperature to your attention is. 120 degrees is the temperature that 2nd degree burns start at. Most riders can endure the exposure of an engines heat when its 190 or 212 or even 220. New riders, especially the ones that graduated from a car to a motorcycle can't handle the heat. However no matter what type of rider you are. When the heat of that rear cylinder reaches 120 degrees. From that point on. You are cooking your inner thighs. Thats why our logo states "No more Fried Thighs!"
There's riders in this forum that can vouch for the results and the quality/craftsmanship of our heat deflectors. If you have any questions. please fell free to contact me or just ask away.

Any more questions? Just ask away.

zoood

I have the No More Fried Thighs on my 07 FLHTCU with true duels. They look great and took lots of heat off my thighs and the wife's feet. Very good product.

Glad to read your still running your scoot with the deflectors on!

I have the No More Fried Thighs on my 07 FLHTCU with true duels. They look great and took lots of heat off my thighs and the wife's feet. Very good product.

Back