free website stats program Engine Guard Mounting Kit | Harley Davidson Forums

Engine Guard Mounting Kit

I have a 2009 Heritage with the Nostalgic curved engine guard. I want to put some highway pegs on the engine guard, but I'm having a hard time finding out which mounting kit will fit the curved guard. Went to the dealer yesterday and I don't know if the parts guy was sure. The service rep. trie dthe Billet mounting kit and it didn't fit right. I wanted to get the part number so I could order it from Chicago Harley.

I am not trying to throw a rock here, but I guess I am!

There are several threads about dealers and their pricing also their treatment of customers.

I find it very distasteful to go to local dealer have sales and parts staff spend time helping locate parts and check fitment for correct part then told thanks so you can go order online from a 20% discount dealer plus pay shipping.

Good luck with your treatment of the local dealer.

Just my $.02.

I am not trying to throw a rock here, but I guess I am!

There are several threads about dealers and their pricing also their treatment of customers.

I find it very distasteful to go to local dealer have sales and parts staff spend time helping locate parts and check fitment for correct part then told thanks so you can go order online from a 20% discount dealer plus pay shipping.

Good luck with your treatment of the local dealer.

Just my $.02.

Usually they just reference the current catalogs which are available online anyway. Many folks here have also posted that they've given their local dealers a chance to match the online discount dealers, or even come close, and for some reason they refuse to do it.

I didn't say that I wouldn't buy it from the local dealer if they had the part and could tell me for sure which one one fit. It seemed that they didn't know.

Back