free website stats program Engine, Gearbox & Primary oil | Harley Davidson Forums

Engine, Gearbox & Primary oil

brentm

Due to the recent earthquake we had our local Harley dealer is unable to open for a while, I have always used the Harley oils, filters etc. Would be good to get feed back on other common brands people use. My bike is due for changing soon.

Due to the recent earthquake we had our local Harley dealer is unable to open for a while, I have always used the Harley oils, filters etc. Would be good to get feed back on other common brands people use. My bike is due for changing soon.

I dont live anywhere near a Harley dealer so i always get my oil mail order i get mine from an independent dealer that is a zodiac and custom chrome dealer and he can supply any of the products from those company's there is a fair selection to choose from as i have 3 bikes i pay 1 shipping cost to cover my annul oil needs
so perhaps a wee Internet search within your country may help with suitable suppliers

Brian

If you List the HD oils you use, I could suggest a close to use Replacement.

signed....BUBBIE

The alternatives recommended in the USA are not generally available in the UK and I guess NZ. The Harley book recommends a deisel oil if Harley oil is not available. You probably won't find a 20w-50, but you'll get a 15W-40 Deisel engine oil just about anywhere. I used that for years in my Sportster and now in my Dyna. Mineral in the primary and a syn or semi syn in the engine, if you prefer. For the transmission I use a 75W 90 syn gear oil although many use a 75W-140. Again it should be available from any garage. or car parts shop.

Last edited:
Back