free website stats program Engine Fin cleaning | Harley Davidson Forums

Engine Fin cleaning

dkamp

I have tried cleaning the engine fin's with a paint stick and Sock. It works good but is a long task.
I seem to get the best results when I use a long bristle (2 1/2 in) brush. and dawn dish soap mixture.
I know I cannot be a Lone Ranger so what do you do?

I use S100 engine cleaner, followed by S100 Engine Brite. The cleaner is really only marginally better than a very good wash, but the Engine Brite makes the black look like it just came off the showroom. And it stays nice looking for a year or better. Engine Brite comes out of the can in such a fine mist, it looks like smoke. Every couple of years, I wrap some 320 grit sandpaper around a flat stick and hit the edges of the fins to brighten them up.

I used too much car wash soap with wax in a bucket with extremely hot water. Does the trick and shines when dry.

I use a firm long bristle brush and some car wash soap with wax with the water hand hot
However if it is in a real mess I will first use some degreaser on a soft brush and work it into all the corners and leave for 15 mins and wash off with cold water
The sporty gets similar treatment but with an alloy wheel cleaner

Brian

Back