free website stats program Engine doing the cha cha | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Engine doing the cha cha

No worries H to H are both great machines, and I did the same thing on S to H! As for the beastly part...yeah MOCO has a pretty large machine...but oh what a ride! Doing the "cha-cha" is a lot better than having a garage queen listening to "musak" or watching TV.

No worries H to H are both great machines, and I did the same thing on S to H! As for the beastly part...yeah MOCO has a pretty large machine...but oh what a ride! Doing the "cha-cha" is a lot better than having a garage queen listening to "musak" or watching TV.

LOL too true.

I got to work today 87 degrees outside, bike ran great all the way here.
Very hot when I shut her off. I checked the oil and the level was perfect but I could see the oil and it looked like it was bubbling.

A friend at the job that owns an older Harley 62 Duo Glide came over when I pulled up, and I started the bike up again for him. He said the bike sounds great, but when I pointed out the noise I was hearing to him he told me when I bring the bike to the dealership on monday, to have the tech check the primary, whatever that means. He told me the sound is more like a hissing at idle and sped up with more throttle.

Dunno..

Well the rain finally let up after about 2 weeks, and I was able to get the bike to the dealer to borrow one of the techs ears'. He looked at the mileage on the bike then looked at me and laughed. He said the noise is normal and said to put some miles on the bike and stop worrying. :D

With a sigh of releaf. I started her up and drove off with a smile on my face.
So far so good, bike runs great, more power than I know what to do with.

Now its time for upgrades. Just picked up a pair of floorboards.
Next is brakes/turn signals/run brake Led upgrades.

Woot I love my Harley!:bigsmiley6:

Harleys are full of noises...I have an 07 Road king classic that the motor sounds like a singer sewing machine...Has since the day I got it....sounds like the Night Train I sold to get it only with the windsheild I hear it more....Don't worry too much ..just ride..it's under warranty.

Congrats on the new bike and be safe..

As far as the oil goes thats normal too probably the additives put in for break in.

Harleys are full of noises...I have an 07 Road king classic that the motor sounds like a singer sewing machine...Has since the day I got it....sounds like the Night Train I sold to get it only with the windsheild I hear it more....Don't worry too much ..just ride..it's under warranty.

Congrats on the new bike and be safe..

As far as the oil goes thats normal too probably the additives put in for break in.

Too true, now that I know from the dealer that the sound is normal I just ignore it, and enjoy every second on the bike. As long as theres not engine light coming on I'm good.

And thanks. I get a kick out of pulling up next to the RKs and knowing that I got the same power plant. Its a fantastic feeling, the respect you get on these bikes.

:bigsmiley6:

A friend at the job that owns an older Harley 62 Duo Glide came over when I pulled up, and I started the bike up again for him. He said the bike sounds great, but when I pointed out the noise I was hearing to him he told me when I bring the bike to the dealership on monday, to have the tech check the primary, whatever that means. He told me the sound is more like a hissing at idle and sped up with more throttle.

Dunno..
If it's coming from the left hand side and is like "Cha Cha Cha Chaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Cha Ch Ch Ch Cha Cha Cha Chaaaaa" could be the primary chain (I don't know if your model has a hydraulic chain adjuster or not?) get the HD tech to check the tension and that the Tranny fluid levels are correct, or do it yourself it's easy enough to do but as it's a new bike and under warranty and you don't know what the primary is best leave it to someone who knows what they are doing.
Harleys do make alot of valve train noises my sounds like an old singers sewing machine with .551 cams insatalled what a racket...:p
You will get used to it but some people just put on louder pipes or speakers to drown it out, but it's the NEW noises that you need to be concerned about, I've lost count of how many posts I've read from people worried over engine noise after putting on a new windscreen, I have a hybrid helmet, with the helmet open she talks to me with that familiar voice, with the visor closed sounds like my mother in law reading me the riot act...:D

Back