free website stats program engine dies | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

engine dies

Breeze just for my own education can the IAC cause the engine to die and than be restarted rightaway? Moonman stated that the bike died while riding on the highway, does the IAC play a part in the bike running at highway speeds?

Don; I missed the "one time on the highway" part and only saw the letting go of the throttle. No, as far as I know the IAC affects nothing above idle speed.
When my IAC was acting up, I could restart immediately with the button, I just had to keep the throttle open a bit with my hand. Thanks for pointing out my error, something else is wrong. :34:

Breeze I wasn't trying to point out an error, you and others on the forum seem to understand the FI system and sensors and how they relate to the running of the bike. I'm an old carb guy with a FI bike that I am just learning how things interact with each other. I continue to be amazed at how much members on the forum know about the new systems and how willing everyone is to share their knowledge. Thanks from an old timer.

Don; Thanks for the compliment, but almost everything I know about FI is through reading this forum and my service manual. I try to remember solutions to a problem so that I may help the next guy. I know you weren't pointing out my error, but am glad you brought it to my attention. Sometimes I think I have a solution before I finish reading the question. :D I too, am a carb guy, and am struggling to keep up with technology. Thanks to this forum (and Gliders many articles in the self help section), I am learning.

Don; Thanks for the compliment, but almost everything I know about FI is through reading this forum and my service manual. I try to remember solutions to a problem so that I may help the next guy. I know you weren't pointing out my error, but am glad you brought it to my attention. Sometimes I think I have a solution before I finish reading the question. :D I too, am a carb guy, and am struggling to keep up with technology. Thanks to this forum (and Gliders many articles in the self help section), I am learning.

Breeze, thats whats so great about this site we all learn and share:p

I had a problem with my 04 road king. When I used the turn signal the motor would shut off as soon as they went to self cancel after I made the turn. It was the speed sensor in the tranny. Replaced that and it has never died since:D

I have an '08 EG with 30K that started having a rough idle, especially when just getting off a freeway. I R&R'd the fuel filter for a new one and it completely cured the idling problem. Bike starts easier, runs better and idles smoothly with the new fuel filter.

Back