free website stats program engine dies | Harley Davidson Forums

engine dies

kcmoonman

i have 07 streetglide 13k mi last 2 rides my engine just died, one time while on the highway and the 2nd time while getting off the freeway as i let go of the throttle, any ideas whats wrong??? this has never happened before

Does the bike seem to run right? Does it sputter and backfire before it cuts off? After it cuts off how long before you can restart it?

Is the bike shutting off, and turning back on as you ride? or does it stall then you have to wait to restart it?

Also, when it shuts off, do you lose all electrical, gauges, and they come right back on ?

It sounds like you may have picked up some bad gas, maybe with some debris in it. I would suggest draining some out to check for fine debris. Which may stop up the injectors.

Did you check for codes? I think you can rule out bad gas. Does this happen when you have the bars turned, pinched wire maybe?

If everything is good, but it won't return to idle (stalls) when throttle is released it may be the IAC (idle air controller) sticking. There is a detailed simple procedure in self help section to clean it. Also ask your dealer if service bulletin #0903 "torque smoothing" download has been done.

Breeze just for my own education can the IAC cause the engine to die and than be restarted rightaway? Moonman stated that the bike died while riding on the highway, does the IAC play a part in the bike running at highway speeds?

Back