free website stats program Engine Cuting out during acceleration | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Engine Cuting out during acceleration

I'd put the stock Coil back on the bike...

THIS will frost you IF it is the only thing wrong....

:WIRES, spark plug and coil wires?????????:(

signed....BUBBIE

Ck. the wires at the injectors sometimes they get bent to much under the loom and break internally, some times hard to fine must remove tank, also seen it happen and not code, makes life easy:( good luck, Harley has the connectors if you must lengthen the wiring to the injector.

When it started with this condition, I added the fuel pak hoping that was the problem.. it made a significant improvement in smoothness of the engine but had no effect on the cutting out and stumble....

If a normally good running engine develops a problem, never add something to the mix because at best, it will only cover up the root problem. It won't ever fix the root problem. The bike did run good without the fuel pack, so get it to run good again without it.

You have to correct the root problem first and that means temporarily removing the fuel pack. You really want the problem issue at 'full strength' because it will help you identify it more easily.

I would try leaving the pipes as is, but put the bike back in factory trim as far as FI, ignition and electronics. This way there is nothing between all the external sensors and the ECM. While resolving a problem, I would not want any piggy black boxes included in the mix.

Once you get the (factory trim) bike running like it should,, then stack or add whatever you want to it.

Not that it is related to the engine cutting out, but it's a huge advantage to have the Ion knock retard feature working on the bike. Especially on an air cooled engine where the head & combustion temperatures are all over the place because they are a function of the environment your in. In my opinion it's suicidal not to have the feature working.

I figured it out!!! When I took it to HD they replaced the throttle position sensor and when I got it home, it still wasn't right. so after checking everything several times, I took off the throttle position sensor again to find that the butterfly rod that operated the sensor was broken in half! it broke where the screw holds the butterfly on... Thanks to everyone who gave me assistance in this problem....:small3d026:

Awesome! Thanks for sharing your success, there are many who may not be able to assist, but we learn from your experience. :s

Back