free website stats program Engine clatter | Harley Davidson Forums

Engine clatter

HermitKing

My 09 Road King, V&H Pro Pipe, VO2 intake & fuel pack..is noisey. Like stuck lifters on a 302 Ford motor. Loudest between 2300..and 3000 rpms. Dealer says its normal...its not. Sound seems to come from everywhere in the engine. While changing primary oil I noticed the chain is sagging a little on top...is that too loose? It has the factory auto adust tensioner...as far as I know.
Any help appreciated.:panic

Thanks,,HDDon...tried that yesterday...twice...didn't seem to help...also forgot to mention..engine is a little irratic at parkin lot speeds..hard to maintain steady speed.

Thanks,,HDDon...tried that yesterday...twice...didn't seem to help...also forgot to mention..engine is a little irratic at parkin lot speeds..hard to maintain steady speed.

Sure sounds like the chain is a little to loose. Check your manuel for the correct adjustment.

Eratic, as in missing or jerking at low speed?

I think they checked for codes at the dealership...but will check it myself. Will also remap the fuel pack. Thanks.

Jerking at low speeds...runs great otherwise...has plenty of power...engine seems much quieter in fifth and sixth gear.

Back