free website stats program engine build part 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

engine build part 2

2006FXDCI

just got everything finalized with my builder today and started ordering parts gonna go with axtell 107" jugs and flat top 10.3 to 1 pistons, baisley pro stock heads with corrected valve geometry, baisley push rods and #2 oil spring and baisley roller rockers, woods 408-6 cams
and woods rocker supports, se 50 mm throttle body with zippers flanges, timken bearing conversion, crank sent to hobans to be welded, trued and balanced, se clutch hub and se compesator and a d&d fatcat exhaust. gonna go wit the tts mastertune, anyone out there running a similar build or is there anything you would change and why?

hobbit, we looked for the boarzilla for an 06 dyna today but could'nt find it we could only find the fat cat, also gonna run a jagg frame mount oil cooler. builder is thinking around 120 hp and torque with this build what do you think? how much hp and torque do you think i would lose using my existing V&H big radius 2 into 2 pipes as my wallet is getting thinnn!

it's hard to justify $700 for a new exhaust when mine is in great shape and i like 2 into 2 pipes for how they look and sound if i am only gonna lose a couple of ponies and a pound or two of torque i am gonna stick with the V&H bid radius

:Do.k. thanks hobbit they told me the build will take about a month due to all the machine work needed i'm gonna drop my bike off around the 1st of august i will post my dyno #s when i get them

just got everything finalized with my builder today and started ordering parts gonna go with axtell 107" jugs and flat top 10.3 to 1 pistons, baisley pro stock heads with corrected valve geometry, baisley push rods and #2 oil spring and baisley roller rockers, woods 408-6 cams and woods rocker supports, se 50 mm throttle body with zippers flanges, timken bearing conversion, crank sent to hobans to be welded, trued and balanced, se clutch hub and se compesator and a d&d fatcat exhaust. gonna go wit the tts mastertune, anyone out there running a similar build or is there anything you would change and why?

You asked in your previous thread as to whether or not the Baisley heads were worth the bucks. Not to me; there are several porters that do excellent work for less. I have seen a dyno results from 103" with a set of Dewey's Pro Street heads put up 120/122 numbers but with more compression and cam than you are planning. You can save some money and achieve the desired results with another head porter. A set of Dewey's Pro Street heads will run $850 for pre '06 and $750 for '06 and later.

So all that said if you would be happy with say 105HP/110TQ with a wide fat TQ curve, instead of 120TQ/HP you could get there with a 95"/98" engine. Deweys Pro Street heads setup at 10.6/1 and a TW32 cam set or 10.2 and a Wood TW6 and KB flatop pistons will get you there and probably save a wad of cash. Chances are, you can get closer to 110HP/115TQ with 98", the right pipe and tune.

BTW, as you asked in your previous thread. I run the VPC93T in the 107" with SE spring; grabs and holds; two finger pull.

Not throwing rocks at your build but I have been there and done that and when you evaluate the build on a $$/HP basis, it is hard to justify the cost for more displacement that only nets you another 5-10 HP/TQ. Don't get me wrong, I love my 107" but if I was doing it again, I would go the 95"/98" route on my '02. The '02 crank is forged and runs in the Timken and it was very true, so I could have gotten by with bored jugs and new pistons, cam set, headwork, DTT ignition and exhaust for much less. Not your situation with the '06; I would probably not take a chance on that crank and would do the Timken and have the crank welded even for the smaller 95"'configuration.

JMHO, good luck with your build.

Dolt, thanks for the info I am looking at the stage 2 VPC performance kit for my clutch it comes with the VP92T and a 340 pound spring, it says it's good up to 140 ft. lbs. of torque which should be sufficient for my build. Were you able to use your regular derby cover (I am using the Willie G. skull derby cover) or did you have to buy the spacer from them and if so what thickness did you use. Thanks for the info

Dolt, thanks for the info I am looking at the stage 2 VPC performance kit for my clutch it comes with the VP92T and a 340 pound spring, it says it's good up to 140 ft. lbs. of torque which should be sufficient for my build. Were you able to use your regular derby cover (I am using the Willie G. skull derby cover) or did you have to buy the spacer from them and if so what thickness did you use. Thanks for the info

I don't know how the lever pull is with the 340# spring but the SE spring works just fine with very light lever pull. Regular derby cover works fine but the new "solid" gasket hat replaces teh op-ring doesn't; you will have to cut out the center of the new gasket or use your o-ring. The new gasket as superceded the o-ring and once the dealer is out, you won't be able to purchase the p-ring any longer. I bought several as I run VPC clutch hats on both my bikes.

just dropped my super glide off at the builders shop today he says it's gonna be about 6 weeks til i get her back. Cant wait to see how she runs i will post my dyno sheets on here as soon as possible.

Back