free website stats program ENG light comes on while riding | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

ENG light comes on while riding

thanks alot glider tom. is another day but i am greatful for your help and your knowledge i am going to tackle this tom. have a great night

Hi all. I just bought my first dream bike (1998 Road King Classic) with a stage 2, sceaming eagles etc. I took it out for a good scoot yesterday and while crusing at 70 mph the ENG light came on and the bike seemed to loose power for a few seconds and then resumed as it nothing happened. This happend a few times. A couple of times it seemed to loose power and a few time the light came on but didn't seem to loose power. I've read a few of the threads relating to engine lights but I'd like to get other optinions.

To elaborate the problem got worse the bike would sputter, pop, backfire, and flames would shoot out of the pipes. It would shut down for a few seconds or so and start up again.
To make a long story short I checked the wiring harness thoroughly and then replaced the ET sensor. I took it for several hard rides to ensure the engine temperature was tested and she is running just fine. In fact with the TFI I added and the ET replaced she is running better than before.

Thanks, dan

I had a similar problem while on a trip, I checked the plug wires and found one loose. After I pushed it down real good no more problems. When I got home the self diagnostics showed that that plug had a problem.

Not sure if your bike has self diagnostics or not, but if it does I'd check to see what it shows.

Back