free website stats program Eng Light comes on and have no throttle? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Eng Light comes on and have no throttle?

Regular electrical contact cleaner, if I were stranded on the road I would use WD40 if I couldn't use contact cleaner.

crc brakekleen is harmful to plastics,i have a 4 oz. can of turner labratories is a elec parts cleaner
danville,ill 61832 p/n TL26
just a suggestion

I have never had to replace the terminals as this bulletin I'm posting calls for, just clean the terminals with alcohol on a swab and most important use some dielectric grease on them to prevent any fretting corrosion in the future. Hope this is all the problem is.
Here's Tech Tip 418A
View attachment TT418A TBW TT.pdf

Fuel Injected Harley's , you gotta love em !
Somehow computers & harley davidson just don't sound right in the same sentence . :newsmile093:

He's psycho, I mean psychic

There is a connector on the rear side of the throttle body behind air cleaner. Disconnect it spray with contact cleaner reattach. Should fix the issue.

Regular electrical contact cleaner, if I were stranded on the road I would use WD40 if I couldn't use contact cleaner.

Be real careful about using contact cleaner.. It will eat your connectors up. Try a product called CorrosionX. It's a cleaner that will also safely displace any moisture, it is electrically neutral. DO NOT USE WD40. It is electrically conductive and will cause more problems then it will solve. If you use WD40, you might as well pour a shot of whiskey in the connector. The alcohol in the whiskey will clean the connector, and just like WD40 is will conduct electricity.

Back