Eng.guard pegs

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by jamesearl, Nov 11, 2013.

1. jamesearl

jamesearl Senior Member Contributor

What kind of set up does everyone have? I've seen some cheap ones,but they have bad reviews.I've never had a bike with engine guards till now.But want to add them asap.:)(pegs)

2. HDDon

HDDon Experienced Member Contributor Retired Moderators

3. Mongo1958

Mongo1958 Junior Member

4. glider

glider Veteran Member

5. Breeze3at

Breeze3at Well-Known Member

Highway pegs and mounts are one of the most noticeable things on a bike since they stick way out there. And the inexpensive clamp types don't look so good.
    I have the kind in this ebay link. There are several different arms (long,short,angled) that fit them. I currently have the streamliner (Streetglide) style pegs on them.
    Harley Long Angled Adjustable Highway Peg Upper 1 1 4 Clamp | eBay

6. lorne

lorne Senior Member

7. gator508

gator508 Senior Member

Went with HD guard and Kuryakyn pegs on my tail.

8. jamesearl

jamesearl Senior Member Contributor

I got the kind HDDon was talking about.They were out of stock on line,but I found them on ebay for $42 instead of $99 and free shipping.Also had to get the foot peg bolt kit,and a pair of pegs,which I did,and loctite.The loctite was $40 at HD I got it for $2,same size bottle.I did have to pay 11.99 shipping,still much cheaper.Thanks,:) appreciate all the info.

9. Iceman24

Iceman24 Well-Known Member

If you ever get a set of hard lowers, HD's angle mounts w/pegs work well. I started w/long angle, but didn't like the look/fit (seemed like deer antlers sticking out). Traded for short angle and they've been great. At 5'11" with 34" inseam, they're a little short, but I can lay my boot over the peg, if I want a good leg stretch.

10. BenDiem

BenDiem Member

I'm on my second pair of Engine Guard Mount Footpegs through H-D. Had em on my old '10 SG. Part# 49144. They are $39.95 MSRP, but I got em for 25% off of that price, through the dealer. Wait for a sale, or purchase through many dealers that offer internet sales at 20% off or more...

Yes, they are a bit flimsy, but they serve my purpose. I only use them sparingly, to relieve legs cramps if riding for a long time. For safety reasons, I only use these footpegs to give my legs a brief break. I don't want to get too comfortable, and then all of a sudden something happens... I'd rather have my feet on the floorboards... Good enuff for me.

Cheers/B