free website stats program Eng.guard pegs | Harley Davidson Forums

Eng.guard pegs

jamesearl

What kind of set up does everyone have? I've seen some cheap ones,but they have bad reviews.I've never had a bike with engine guards till now.But want to add them asap.:)(pegs)

Can't say for everyone but...
Kuryakyn # 4523-1

http://www.kuryakyn.com/images/item/Large/4523-1.jpg
WAP.gif

I got the kind HDDon was talking about.They were out of stock on line,but I found them on ebay for $42 instead of $99 and free shipping.Also had to get the foot peg bolt kit,and a pair of pegs,which I did,and loctite.The loctite was $40 at HD I got it for $2,same size bottle.I did have to pay 11.99 shipping,still much cheaper.Thanks,:) appreciate all the info.

If you ever get a set of hard lowers, HD's angle mounts w/pegs work well. I started w/long angle, but didn't like the look/fit (seemed like deer antlers sticking out). Traded for short angle and they've been great. At 5'11" with 34" inseam, they're a little short, but I can lay my boot over the peg, if I want a good leg stretch.

I'm on my second pair of Engine Guard Mount Footpegs through H-D. Had em on my old '10 SG. Part# 49144. They are $39.95 MSRP, but I got em for 25% off of that price, through the dealer. Wait for a sale, or purchase through many dealers that offer internet sales at 20% off or more...

Yes, they are a bit flimsy, but they serve my purpose. I only use them sparingly, to relieve legs cramps if riding for a long time. For safety reasons, I only use these footpegs to give my legs a brief break. I don't want to get too comfortable, and then all of a sudden something happens... I'd rather have my feet on the floorboards... Good enuff for me.

Cheers/B

Back