free website stats program Enchanted Circle New Mexico ride | Harley Davidson Forums

Enchanted Circle New Mexico ride

elkhunter149

Account Removed
Planning on doing the Enchanted Circle ride in northern New Mexico in three weeks:bigsmiley. Wanted any comments, or experinces anybody has had doing the circle.
:bigsmiley6:

Planning on doing the Enchanted Circle ride in northern New Mexico in three weeks:bigsmiley. Wanted any comments, or experinces anybody has had doing the circle.
:bigsmiley6:

Been over most that country in the past few years. Don't remember anything really spectacular other than being a good ride.

Wheeler Peak, which you will ride around, is the high point in New Mexico. Red River is the home for several rallys, rode through there a number of years ago while a thumper rally was going on. Eagle Nest and Angel Fire were undergoing a building boom then, but even so there were many empty businesses. May be a disappointment although the scenery is good.

Was told the ride from Taos to Mora is very scenic, but didn't make it myself. I personally prefer the Chimayo to Taos ride with stops at the old church, weaving shops, and the gift shop with the chili peppers in Chimayo. If you go, pick up some of the healing dirt at the church. The Rio Grande Gorge is also worthwhile as are the very old churches in the various villages along the way.

Abiquiu and the Ghost Ranch are each worth a stop as this was the area and inspiration for Georgia O'Keefe and her paintings. The Pedernal she painted so often is on the SW horizon; the well-preserved cabin near the ranch is a movie set but it looks good in the foreground with the Pedernal in the background.

Might try the Chama to Antonito road over Cumbres Pass. Great scenery with forests and meadows and with the narrow gauge railroad snaking along. Both the yards at Antonito and Chama are open to wandering around and photography. There was engine activity at each plus at the pass two weeks ago.

Enjoy. New Mexico roads are not in the best shape so be careful.

Thank you.

Don't know where in western Colorado you are but you have some great rides around you. Any of the three passes over the San Juans - Slumgullion, Red Mountain, and Lizard Head - make for a great day's ride as each has different type mountain scenery and conditions. The towns encountered are all worth exploring.

The loop from roughly Gunnison onto Hwy 92 to Hotchkiss and Paonia, over McClure Pass to Redstone and Glenwood Springs, back through Aspen and Independence Pass, to Salida and over Monarch Pass to Gunnison, is a bikers favorite. Plan on two days, lots of stops, and a swim in the hot-springs pool in Glenwood.

Enjoy.

I live on Hwy 149 The Silver Thread Highway. We do most of thoes rides at least once a year. My riding buddies wife wants to do the NM ride at least once. So thought I would check it out.

We did Yellowstone and Black Hills this year. Rained every day but two.

I live on Hwy 149 The Silver Thread Highway. We do most of thoes rides at least once a year. My riding buddies wife wants to do the NM ride at least once. So thought I would check it out.

We did Yellowstone and Black Hills this year. Rained every day but two.

How as the ride?

Thanks for asking. It was very nice, colors were perfect. Red River is a nice town. Think I will do the rally next year.

Back