free website stats program Emission laws to change in 2012? | Harley Davidson Forums

Emission laws to change in 2012?

mary

There seems to be alot of hubub about the US emissions laws changing in 2012. I have done some research and found some vauge information involving Senate Bill 435. This I have found has various possibilities involving the years that would be required for testing, the levels of emissions that would pass without modification, current modifications that typically are in violation of current emissions laws, the limitations on ownership of kit bikes and how and when custom bikes could be ridden. :20:

Has anyone seen anything recent on the subject that may shed a bit more detail on what we are in for should this bill get passed? Links would be appreciated. :worthy

only going to get worse as time goes by leaner and meaner

As expierienced in Mass this season with police road blocks.They were looking for EPA stamps on pipes.Taking pictures of plates/bikes and recording inspection stations.

To me this means they are going after inspection stations next.If your bike doesnt have OE equiptment you will be issued a rejection sticker.

Last edited by a moderator:
From what i've read, motorcycles spew out alot more pollution than cars - kind of suprising. And BMW has had cats on their bikes for a few years now and HD is starting to add them (i didn't know it when i bought it, but my 09 fat bob has a cat). IMO it's a good thing - cleaner is better. the only drawback i'm experiencing is that i'd hoped to put a nicer looking exhaust system on my bike, but if it doesn't have a cat, i'd be breaking the law and making my bike less green.

Umm, could ya find something a little less biased?? Clearly both articles were written by "green" advocates with an agenda. Maybe the UN has a study we could read! hehe. By the way, Happy Thanksgiving.

Here's a couple of sources:

epa.gov/oms/regs/roadbike/420f03045.pdf

epa.gov/otaq/roadbike.htm

I can't post links yet, so just add www in the front of them.

Back