free website stats program electronically illiterate | Harley Davidson Forums

electronically illiterate

baybridge

what type of vedio camera do i need to buy to film, edit, and produce a dvd? what type of hardware do i need to buy for my computer to mass produce a dvd? my computer is windows 98. thank you for your response

Any Apple computer with a Firewire port, comes with software to do your own video editing (iMovie). Apple also sells professional level video program (Final Cut Studio) that have been used to make some of the movies that have Oscar awards. Apple is more expensive than others, but you are paying for "easy to use" quality. For the camera, any Sony at their professional level will work. The main factor for a pro quality camera is the frame rate (how many frames per minute). Both of these companies have discounted or refurbished products you can buy through their websites. I do not work for them or own stock in these companies, but I have worked with their products since 1990. Good Luck!

Last edited:
Lots of good ways to do this like everyone has said.
I have a HP media sytem, running xp media center software and I use Pinnacle Studio Deluxe software and hardware set.
It will do many things, build movies, edit and is a lot of fun to use.
I took all of my family pictures and put them to music, next I added My own narration and resync voice with the images
and put them on a DVD to watch on TV.

Running old Windows 98 and trying to use old DVD burner hardware and editing software is actually a recipe for frustration if you are a newbie. Newer laptops and desktop computers have more than adequate hardware and come with decent burner compatible with DVD, DVD RW and even new BlueRay DVD format, so do your homework, learning is really the accumulation of knowledge...how you use that knowledge is key.

Back