free website stats program Electronic throttle grip removal | Harley Davidson Forums

Electronic throttle grip removal

Rubbit

Anybody had any experience with removing the throttle grip on the 08, 09 touring bikes with the TBW? Any issues with it or is pretty cut and dry?

The throttle grip is not hard to do , it is pretty easy . If you are replacing the handlebars you will have to take off the outer fairing & disconnect the wires to give you enough slack to unplug the the connection inside the handlebar , that is what I had to do on my RG .

As said pretty easy just have to be careful if your changing the bars when feeding the wires though it is a pain

Anybody had any experience with removing the throttle grip on the 08, 09 touring bikes with the TBW? Any issues with it or is pretty cut and dry?

If you are just changing the grips out, the throttle grip is easier than the left grip. But neither is hard.

Changed mine on an 09 RK and the hardest thing was unplugging the midline connection for removal. My fat fingers don't do those water tight plugs well. Go slow and you'll see it's not that hard.

Back