free website stats program electrical system relay | Harley Davidson Forums

electrical system relay

TinCanMan

Hello fellow riders. I am in the process of restoring a 1990 Softail. The wiring harness has been altered (only instrument of bike is a speedometer. I reconnected most of the wiring. The problem I have is one of the relays up front clicks every 15 -20 seconds. Any of you seasoned mechanics have any ideas on this? Thanks in advance from wiring deficient rider.

Is it a relay or a breaker. I would get the diagram out and see what it does before you damage the wiring possibly.

Is it a relay or a breaker. I would get the diagram out and see what it does before you damage the wiring possibly.

And if it is clicking it may have a short. My brother in law has a 87 softail that has been butchered and had a similar problem, now his HI 4 ignition , coil and Headwinds headlight do not work, follow Gliders advice Electricity is a funny animal and some times it goes Poof, unlike The Boss and his Poof Button, good luck

Yeah, I would bet it is a circuit breaker and probably being tripped by something done with the altered wiring.

Back