free website stats program electrical short ?????? | Harley Davidson Forums

electrical short ??????

jerryw618

hello there all of a sudden im hearing what sounds like an electrical short under my tank? its my 2007 sportster its parked, ignition off and i hear this kind of buzzing coming from under the gas tank, top of engine area , ill hear it for a few seconds then it would stop , then a few seconds later there it is again ??? its dark now i looked around best i could , but didnt see anything obvious, any ideas what this might be ????

Yep, could be the white "fur" in the fuseblock, relay area...! HD redesign in 2004-2009 has the fuseblock totally uncovered with water intrusion easy from the exposed gap between the seat to side cover area. Clean everything throughly and use dielectric grease on all fuse and relay contacts. There is a Self Help tip on how to make a clear cover...I made one from an clear plastic "blister pack" cut to shape and used clear silicone sealer to put it in place.

hello there thanks very much everyone, i checked the fuses , they were all corroded , so i cleaned them up with an emery board coated them in dielectric grease and all seem ok now . i couldnt get into the fuse block as well as i would have liked , but i think it'll work for now , good thing too i got called back too work and i need my wheels too get there.

many thanks too all who replied , you really helped me . ride safe my friends

Back