free website stats program Electrical Problem | Harley Davidson Forums

Electrical Problem

slamminsam

I have a 2006 Ultra Classic & below is the problem.
There are 3 wires that go under the stereo & into the ignition/ accessory switch. While removing the stereo I pulled these out & they touched & popped. I now have no lights, stereo, the fuel pump doesn't kick on, basically there is no power up there.
I have check the fuses & found none blown. I have power to the ECM & the 3 wires that I pulled out. When I hook the battery up I can here something get power up front but nothing works.
What have I tore up?

Is your red key light constantly on? I have trouble seeing if those tiny fuses are blown, and always switch a spare in. The fuse labled "battery" is the most likely. In addition to the fuse box on the left side, there is one on the right side. It's just in front of the ECM plug, and you may have to unplug the ECM to get to it. There is a fuse "P&A" that needs to be checked.
Get back to us if this isn't the problem.

I will recheck the fuses with a spare but since I can here something clicking when I reattach the battery I don't think it will help. Plus I used a test light on several connections & I have juice to everything.
I'll get back to you later & let you know how it worked out.

Are you talking about the system relay on the right side? If so I have no way to test it short of replacing it.

If everything worked prior to the mishap, my money would be on the main fuse. Even if it looks good, replace it and try again...good luck!

Well it finally got warm enough for me to get back into the garage tonight. After rechecking all of the fuses & the main breaker I went back to the beginning. I removed the stereo & I notice the wires that I had pulled out didn't look to be all the way in. I pushed them a little harder & they went in more & everything now works.
Thank you for your help guys. Sometimes I overlook the obvious.

Well it finally got warm enough for me to get back into the garage tonight. After rechecking all of the fuses & the main breaker I went back to the beginning. I removed the stereo & I notice the wires that I had pulled out didn't look to be all the way in. I pushed them a little harder & they went in more & everything now works.
Thank you for your help guys. Sometimes I overlook the obvious.

We've all done that. Thanks for letting us know the outcome.

Back