free website stats program Electrical Issues After Stage I | Harley Davidson Forums

Electrical Issues After Stage I

TheGrinch

I have a 2014 Street Glide and recently did the stage 1 upgrade including Screaming Eagle intake, S&S head pipes and CFR exhaust. In addition, it has a Power Commander V with a custom map after being Dynoed. It's only been a week since the stage one was done and I have started noticing little things with the electrical and ignition. I've had it not respond when I switch it to ignition or ACC to try to start it and have had to cycle it a couple of times to get it to work, and the most recent was when I got to my destination and switched it to off (I do that rather then using the off switch on the right cluster) the radio stayed on while the rest of the bike was completely off including the screen. I had to restart it and cycle the switch a couple of time to get it to turn off.

Has anyone had this issue and was it due to the Power Commander or another issue?

Thanks!

With the computer system that you have on your 2014 it seems you are having a power distribution problem keeping certain systems alive with ignition off or not power on when ignition is made live. Not good.
Remove or completely disconnect the Power commander and see if there is a difference. This is a concern that should be at the top of your list. The electronics favor stable power feed and problem may damage components...

It sounds like the Power Commander might have something to do with this issue.

I've read and heard that tuners can sometimes fry engine control modules and not just on bikes.

I'm leaving my '07 Ultra alone... I do all my fun stuff on my carbed '03 883R.

I find it hard to believe adding a power commander would cause the problem you describe. I agree with Bernie, try disabling it and see what happens. Electrical issues are a process of illumination. Good luck and let us know what you find.

Back