free website stats program Electrical help Please | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Electrical help Please

Re: Electrical Help--Update!

Started investigating electrical system on my 95 Low Rider (See previous post). I found that the turn signal module was fried...basically melted. On connector going to the module...one of the pins (from orange/white wire) was black....melted part of the plastic connector.

Now the question is: Was it merely a failure of the turn signal module (an original part), or was it fried because of some other failure...like voltage regulator? Regulator on bike was replaced about 2 years ago.

This could have been part of the electrical connector you said was on the battery, if it did ground out it could have taken the wires out, electricity is a funny animal and will take the least resistant path to ground

Re: Electrical Help--Update!

I again merged threads to keep the information on the original problem in ONE PLACE.

Alright...I have an update....I've been on vaca for a while. I installed new turn signal module...and 10 pin connector...but bike was still dead. I decided to jump it, and got it running.....lights got very bright...and guess what...I think I blew out the new turn signal module!!..what a dope! I disconnected the module, not sure if it's damamged...but I could jump start the bike with the module disconnected. I also determined the battery was fried. I have intalled a new battery, and tried to start....with turn signal module disconnected..... bike cranks fine.... but now...It will not fire up.

What did I do Now?

Hey all...just posting that the problem has been solved.....turns out my voltage regulator was throwing about 16 volts at idle..... and unfortunately... it fried the turn signal module, ignition module, and every light bulb on the bike except for indicator lights, battery was also toast.

Now we start to piece things back together!

Back