free website stats program Electrical Connector Supplier??? | Harley Davidson Forums

Electrical Connector Supplier???

DesertDyna

Does anyone know of a vendor for wiring harness electrical connectors? And specifically, what size/type of pin and socket terminal connectors are used in the rear tailight housings of my 02 DynaWG? I can get various connectors on Ebay, but need to know what i'm looking for.

Why, you might ask?

Some hack cut the wiring harness at the back of the bike and the turn signal wiring about an inch away from the connectors, and then twisted the wires together and taped with electrical tape. Like thats not a wiring problem waiting to happen!

Anyway, I want to put new ends on the wires and insert them into the housing.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

There's many on the internet if you do a search but I would get them from the dealer, they have a listing for the different connectors by location. May be a few $$$ more bit worth it in the long run IMO.

Actually, there are not that many suppliers of the connectors on the net, which is why I resorted to posting here.

And dont get me wrong...but why would you think the dealers' price is "worth it"? As an example: The stealer wants .95 for each little metal pin or socket when a pack of 10 from some places cost $2.49?? Connectors sold by Harley are no better than any others. They dont manufacture them and buy them from a supplier just like everyone else.

For those interested...I did find this site that seemed very reasonable, but I am still looking for the best deal out there:

californiacustomparts . com/harleyelectricalpage.htm

And... Harley PNs#
73190-96 Pin Terminal, 16-20awg
73191-96 Pin Socket, 16-20 awg

Actually, there are not that many suppliers of the connectors on the net, which is why I resorted to posting here.

And dont get me wrong...but why would you think the dealers' price is "worth it"? As an example: The stealer wants .95 for each little metal pin or socket when a pack of 10 from some places cost $2.49?? Connectors sold by Harley are no better than any others. They dont manufacture them and buy them from a supplier just like everyone else.

For those interested...I did find this site that seemed very reasonable, but I am still looking for the best deal out there:

And... Harley PNs#

If you do a search, you'll find MANY dealers for the connectors.

Here's only one that took all of about 4 seconds to find, but there are pages of dealers.

Wirecare - Deutsch Assembly Creator

As far as the dealer, it's convenient but if you are looking for the cheapest place to buy, then it's not what you are looking for . Sometimes if you are only looking for a few connectors, it's worth it IMO to go to the dealer where they can reference the setup you are trying to hook up and get the proper connector the first time around.

I realize that Harley doesn't make these and buys them elsewhere as well as many other parts they sell. They just assemble the parts for the most part. Been around the block a few times.:D

I would buy a new harness from The Stealers and be done with it Lets ride:s

I googled "automotive electrical connectors" and got pages of hits. The only one I looked at had disc. and pics of the types. I think the hard part is finding out just what connector got cut off the bike.

I've got some for my 89 FLH at Radio Shack, not sure if they have the newer style but you can take an old one with you to be sure they fit good.

"--worth it"? As an example: The stealer wants .95 for each little metal pin or socket when a pack of 10 from some places cost $2.49?? Connectors sold by Harley are no better than any others. They dont manufacture them and buy them from a supplier just like everyone else.

And... Harley PNs#

Actually you will find reasonable discount prices at Latus or Zanotti HD regarding Internet pricing...but the real deal is you pay for the convenience and "one time" shopping. And if you happen to get parts from a discounter whom you have never done business with, sometimes it can be false economy if it turns out the parts are not exact replacements. That said, if you are trying to save money and don't mind the inconvenience of "rotating stock" and you have the patience of a "saint" I would agree...but I like to spend my time riding and less time fussing over the minute details. :newsmile105:

Back