free website stats program Electraglide or roadglide | Harley Davidson Forums

Electraglide or roadglide

I like both of these bikes and actually have driven each one at my stares HOG rally. I take a few 3,000 mile trips a year and a quite a few other shorter trips. Any reasoning behind choosing one or the other. I currently drive my 2005 electraglide standard and want to up grade to a 2011-2014 bike.

For longer trips the Electra Glide might be a better choice but that's a hard one. Good luck.

I'm in the RG corner. The frame mounted faring is it's selling point. Same frame as the EG so it comes down to what you find appealing.

You are going to get varied opinions on this one. I like the Electraglide .

I don't think the roadglide has saddlebag fairing,but I think the electra does,I usually drop my bike at least once.

You have been riding the Electra for awhile so why not go for the Roadie.
I have a EG since 2008 and have had a opportunity to ride a RG and I would like a RG Ultra for the next steed...

electra for me every time , i sat on the Road Glide and i hate to say this the fairing reminded me of the Wing i sat on , it just didnt feel right, felt much bigger than it actually was, ended up with the batwing as i like the fact it moves with the bars, i can see the benefits of the fixed fairing and so on but i just cant get used to them - not that we have many in the UK that ive seen

I would not trade up. Have considered it several times and test ridden 2010 models up and just can't bring myself to part with my '02 FLHT, it would be a trade down for me. JMHO. But if I ever did make the leap, it would be to the Glide,
WAP.gif

I like both of these bikes and actually have driven each one at my stares HOG rally. I take a few 3,000 mile trips a year and a quite a few other shorter trips. Any reasoning behind choosing one or the other. I currently drive my 2005 electraglide standard and want to up grade to a 2011-2014 bike.

It's just my opinion but....

I like the looks of the FLHTCUI better than the FLTRX :D

Back