free website stats program Electra glide ultra seat ? | Harley Davidson Forums

Electra glide ultra seat ?

tubguy

Hope some of you long time riders can help me. I have the stock seat on my 2010 flhtcu and my legs go numb!!! I start to notice the inside of my thighs aching a little bit like theres preasure n them then my legs get achy and numb. I'm wondering if the seat s to wide at the front, but i have no idea and would love any suggestions. I have heard tlk of mustang seats, sundowners, corbin and so on,but hopping I can get a seat guy to fix it if this is the problem.

Thanks Tubguy

If there is a good upholstery guy in your area you can try getting the seat trimmed down to fit your exact needs - I had my seat worked on and while he did it he added gel to the seat and it did make a big difference especially on long rides - he did it for less then what it cost for an aftrmarket seat and looking at it you can't even tell anything was done

I have had some similar problems and tried the sheepskin thing. It helped but I have my seat down at Mean City in NC getting it redone. I will post back how it works out

I had the same problems as you with my 2010 ultra seat so I purchased a Mustang pillow top seat. I can't tell you much about it yet as I have to wait for the 4 feet of snow to melt before I can ride the bike.

I also had allen at mean city work on one of my seats, he does a good job, does your seat have "low" imprinted on it? they changed the seat up early 2010, the later 2009 seats were pretty badly made trying to get them lower.

Steve's post is on target. Every one of us is built slightly different, and that has an effect on our comfort in the saddle. Do everything you can to isolate the problem. It could be the position of the footboards, or even your britches cutting into your legs and restricting circulation.

I have a 2/22 appointment at Mean City and seat is already there for my 2008 Ultra. I have a buddies Sundowner and went 200 mile round trip to Key Largo for some seafood at the famous Calypsos. The sundowner was really comfortable on my behind but sat me way too close to the tank and I felt like a little higher as well. I'm 6'1 230 with very long arms ( 37" sleeve ) so it gave me that pinch between my shoulder and neck. I have Mean City moving me back 2" and down 1-1/2 to 2" I'll let you know when I get it back next week.

Mean City Cyles fixed my seat issues. They are fast and much cheaper than a new seat. I have over 3000 mile son my new seat, no more butt burn, etc. They custom fit the seat to your weight, height etc. Check em out and RIDE SAFE!

Back