free website stats program Electra Glide Standard vs. Street Glide | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Electra Glide Standard vs. Street Glide

HD's web site says 2010 SG price is $18,999 that dealer is to high, way to high:newsmile055:

That is the starting price, but does not include ABS or cruise control. That price of almost 22,000 is almost across the board what I've seen at 4 different dealerships in 2 states. Of course it also includes all the extra fees the dealer tacks on that I am sure I can get rid of. The main reason I decided on the 2010 SG was the Denim Black paint.

I am planning to stop by the dealership in the next couple of days to do a comparison in person between the 2 bikes. Thanks for all your replies.

I have been drooling over the 2010 Street Glide in Denim Black for months now, but unable to commit to the $22,000 price tag the dealers want knowing that I would have to add so many things up front(touring seat, detachable backrest, passenger floorboards, exhaust, higher windshield for road trips). I have found a 2009 Electra Standard in Denim black that already has all that. The original owner has added the H-D am/fm/cd to it. The price is very much more in my comfort zone. Can I get some opinions from you guys??

The worst part of the standard IMO is keeping the raw alum cleaned and polished, seen a lot of members on here say it's hard to keep clean. Does the standard have ABS and cruise?

Just got home from the dealership. I lucked out cause one of the salemen rides a Denim Black 2009 Standard. He let me check his out and make the comparisions I was after. I actually don't mind the engine vs the chrome on the SG, since I'm far to lazy to spend the time to polish the chrome.

Well, I'm the minority here, but I wanted the plain look of the flht. Except the tank, for 130 bucks, I bought the SG tank emblems and repainted the tank.
Plus I like the silver powder coat motor better. I haven't noticed any difficulty in keeping it clean. I added the tour pack with detachable hardware to get the storage and backrest for the bride. She also needed the better pillion that the flht provides. At first I didn't even want a stereo but later decided to add an Alpine IPOD ready reciever with Polk Audio speakers at a mere 3oo bucks. The only thing I think it needs is the 2 guages it's missing and they go for about 120 bucks. The good thing is the wiring harness has everything that the flhtcu has so components can be added with simplicity. The only thing I would like to have but wont change is the fenders, they look real good on the SG.

Last edited:
i looked at both got the E-g cause you get more for the money i bought mine 2000.00 less than the s-g and you can always take stuff on but cost out the butt to add every body i ride with that has a S-G wants to ad a trunk later look at the price just for that and that will make the differance

Back