Electra Glide screen extension

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by JOHNMOWCOP, Mar 28, 2012.

1. JOHNMOWCOP

JOHNMOWCOP Member

Hi.

As anyone tried a screen extension on a ElectraGlide (I have one with a standard screen), say typically a "Laminar Lip" or similar. Is there a marked improvement.

JohnT

2. Slapp

Slapp Junior Member

Screen extention???? More info please

3. Breeze3at

Breeze3at Well-Known Member

4. vistavette

vistavette Member

5. HDDon

HDDon Experienced Member Contributor Retired Moderators

6. The4opps1

The4opps1 Junior Member

Don't know anything about the "lip" but the windshield on my '99 is about 2" higher than standard. I needed to replace the standard one when I added a drivers backrest. The rest actually sat me up straighter than usual and that gave me some buffeting. The higher screen solved that....

7. Slapp

Slapp Junior Member

Not sure why anyone would want that??? If you need a taller windshield there are plenty of companies that make them. If it is a curve you want there are lots of those as well.

8. gusotto

gusotto Junior Member

Can't help you about a screen extension.

I just replaced my Memphis Shades W/S with the National Cycles 10" Wave W/S. Hey.... it was on sale so I thought I'd give it a try.

The Wave W/S does "seem" to be quieter but I've only had in on for one ride.

I'll try it on another ride but there are a couple of things I didn't care for.
    The curve is too acute for me to use my W/S bag and I can't use my inner faring mounted Garmin GPS.

I "may" take it off later but I need some more road time with the Wave W/S.