Electra Glide Lowers Help

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by bluefilhd, Jan 13, 2013.

1. bluefilhd

bluefilhd Member

A friend of mine has a 2009 Elctra Glide with lower fairings on during the winter. Well with the lowers on he says he gets wind that comes off the top of them and right up into him. He's looking for a solution to this. Has anyone experienced the same? Have a solution or idea? He is an older guy that isn't very tech savy so I told him I'd put it out there for him and see what comes back. Any help is appreciated. Oh, and he has wind deflectors on his upper fairing as well, in case that helps anyone with any thoughts on this.

2. Breeze3at

Breeze3at Well-Known Member

3. bluefilhd

bluefilhd Member

Thanks. Will pass the info along.

4. bluefilhd

bluefilhd Member

Just looked at the deflectors in the post above but they don't work with fairing lowers and my buddy believes the wind is BECAUSE of the lowers. So I guess I'm still looking for suggestions for him. Thanks.

5. STEVE07

STEVE07 Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderators

6. brownfoxx1

brownfoxx1 Active Member

check out TGlidestuff.com dennis hassome wind deflectors thT WORK GREAD. HE'S IN MUNCIE,IN

7. rollo3076

rollo3076 Active Member

Mine do. With the soft lowers on the wind hits me in the chest or right up under the face shield. I had to stop using them on my 08 egc.

8. Bgdv1

Bgdv1 Member

Wind deflector for under triple tree and smoked deflectors for on fairing.

9. 89stroker

89stroker Active Member

This deflector under triple tree makes a world of difference and can be purchased at a HD dealer for $25-$30.

Attached Files:

10. glazier

glazier Junior Member

Isn't the wind in your face part of the riding experience??? If I didn't want any wind, I'd drive my Mustang :D