free website stats program Electra Glide Exhaust Noise | Harley Davidson Forums

Electra Glide Exhaust Noise

badbmwbrad

I just got a 2014 Electra Glide police model (FLHTP) and have been riding it for a couple days on the highway and back roads. This bike has the Project Rushmore improvements including an oil cooler and a bit higher compression (High Output 103).

As far as I know, the engine and exhaust pipes are stock. I've noticed its exhaust sound is louder than a 2004 Fat Boy having stock exhaust pipes. I shined a flashlight into the tailpipes and they don't appear to be altered. Exhaust passes through multiple holes in the central tube. At about 8" into this tube, it is blocked off.

Does anybody know if the police models are supposed to have louder exhaust pipes>

There are too many differences between the two bikes you are comparing to get a good comparison.
FWIW, you're listening to a motor that is about 15% bigger than the FatBoy and that could easily be enough to account for the increased sound. Then add in all the HO stuff and the fact that it probably has at least a stage 1 upgrade adding more air flow to the mix, and it will be louder than a stock 103 and especially louder than a stock 88.

Back