free website stats program Electra Glide electrical problem | Harley Davidson Forums

Electra Glide electrical problem

Doogles

Got my bike out today, road about 3 miles, got off it, turned ignition off and my lights stay on. I disconnected the battery and reconnected it, lights remain on. Any answers???

Not sure why disconnecting battery should have fixed the problem,not familiar with a 2000 model,on my 07 power for the lights would come through ignition switch ,when you turn it to other positions do lights still stay on?

I tried all positions on the ignition switch, but lights remain on. I tried starting it, lights on in "OFF" position, but it didn't turn over. Thought I might have a short. After riding back home, pulled in garage and it shut off fine, lights and all. maybe it was just mad at me for waiting so long to ride!!! Also thought battery might be a link to the problem. I'm still running the original 2000 battery, never had a tender on it and it seems to work fine. Wonder if I should get a new one or keep pressing my luck?

Main switch is not functioning properly. The run/stop switch does not turn lights on or off. With it starting to work again after a while it could have been moisture, or with it being 13 years old, more likely a failing switch.

Back