electic heated clothing

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by dfbales, Feb 20, 2009.

1. dfbales

dfbales Active Member

I made a set with a heat controller for less than $60 this site only tells you how and what you need it does not sell the parts

MotoTour - How to Make Electric Heated Clothing

2. bjryman

bjryman Member

Wow, now that's dedication!!

I don't have the patience or skill to do what you did and I have full set of gear (socks, pants, full jacket and gloves.)

The jacket and pants are also made of goretex which adds a wind barrier to the set and let's me wear a thinner over-jacket.

For me, the price versus my skill and patience was worth it.

3. Dr. Dolittle

Dr. Dolittle Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

Be sure you scroll all the way to the end of the article and read the Limitations of Liability - what a riot! :D

4. dfbales

dfbales Active Member

Once I got the material in hand my first shirt took 1 hour to put together what I love is rideing on a cold winter day, feeling as if I am wraped in a electric blanket. To buy what I have could of cost me $600 and I got by for $60 total with the heat controller, thats $270 a hour labor not bad. and yes the guy at motor tour is a hoot.

5. Sheepdogmarine

Sheepdogmarine Active Member

Hey, I think it's great! Now maybe I can sweet talk the wife.:D

Thanks for the info.

6. jonny oz

jonny oz Member

i'm interested in also making some heated clothing...i'm wondering what you used for a connector? i already have the harness on my bike for the battery tender, which is the same that the heated clothing uses. all I need to know is where I can buy just the plug to plug into the harness? thanks.

7. dfbales

dfbales Active Member

I used a 2 prong trailer connector on the bike and on the power side oftemp controller, same as my battery tender, and used a mono music connector for the shirt to the controller, I also used curly electric wire between the controller and cloths I think i got them at radio shack. some harley dealers sell all kinds of connectors and adaptors for heat

8. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

Yeah, hope RichardS doesn't read the part about Global warming...:newsmile100:

9. dfbales

dfbales Active Member

that guy at moto tour sure can write, almost as good as I can ride