free website stats program Elbow pain | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Elbow pain

Hey Springer Fan,

You wouldn't have a photo of the type of bars you switched to would you. Elbow pain is back, could just about squeeze a rubber ball without searing pain in the elbow today.

Hey Springer Fan,

You wouldn't have a photo of the type of bars you switched to would you. Elbow pain is back, could just about squeeze a rubber ball without searing pain in the elbow today.
Yes. They are wild 1 chubby beach bars. This link is for the springer model but they make them for all bikes. You wont regret putting them on your bike. Not only do they feel great, but they look fantastic. I get complements on them all the time.

Good luck to you!

Wild 1 Inc. Online Catalog Customer Bikes - Handlebars, Skull Covers, Parts and Accessories for your Harley Davidson.

Wanted to post a follow up.

The pain was not going away so I finally went to the doctor today. I've got "tennis elbow".

Here is the prognosis, everything I have been doing to date, squeezing a rubber ball, lifting weights, applying an external analgesic cream has been wrong.

I am supposed to rest the elbow, no lifting weights, no squeezing rubber balls, NO RIDING. One 800mg Ibuprofrin every eight hours, Ice, rest the elbow. No sling, ace wrap, NO RIDING. If it does not get better in 2 weeks, I can go in an get a "joint shot", that she says is very painful, but after 3 days all will be good. We were planning a ride from San Diego to Reno, NV approx 600 miles up and 600 miles back in August. Can anyone tell me about the "shot"? Really want to ride to Reno, but, not willing to do something that will make matters worse.

I traded my 03 FXST for a Road Glide, and swithed to the Heritage Softail bars....it seemed to help...but then any excuse to trade bikes....

Wanted to post a follow up.

The pain was not going away so I finally went to the doctor today. I've got "tennis elbow".

Here is the prognosis, everything I have been doing to date, squeezing a rubber ball, lifting weights, applying an external analgesic cream has been wrong.

I am supposed to rest the elbow, no lifting weights, no squeezing rubber balls, NO RIDING. One 800mg Ibuprofrin every eight hours, Ice, rest the elbow. No sling, ace wrap, NO RIDING. If it does not get better in 2 weeks, I can go in an get a "joint shot", that she says is very painful, but after 3 days all will be good. We were planning a ride from San Diego to Reno, NV approx 600 miles up and 600 miles back in August. Can anyone tell me about the "shot"? Really want to ride to Reno, but, not willing to do something that will make matters worse.

Not a Doctor, but my Dad used to get this stuff all the time. I always thought he was overreacting... until I had to have it done.

In our case the doc went in with a steroid. It cuts down on the swelling in the joint and seemed to me to help lubricate things for awhile. You do feel much much better after the shot, but getting the shot itself is an experience you do not want to do often.

It hurts.

Let me say that again... IT HURTS!

They have to get into the actual joint with the needle. Sometimes they hit the joint from both sides so you get to do it twice. When they inject it feels like they are blowing up a balloon inside the joint, and that pressure is something between pain and just so odd feeling that your mind rejects it. It aches for an hour or so after the shot, and then things start to feel better. The next day life is good.

So do it a few days before the ride if you are going to. Also know that it will not fix the issue, just take away the pain for a few weeks up to a few months depending on how bad your issues are in there. The pain is worth the relief in the end.

Sorry man, but do not let it stop your ride. Doc told me I need to stop riding for at least 3 months about 15 years ago, I laughed and toughed it out. Not my best decision ever, but that is like telling me the dogs cannot sleep in the bed anymore. Some things are just not going to happen.

, I can go in an get a "joint shot", that she says is very painful, but after 3 days all will be good. Can anyone tell me about the "shot"?

In our case the doc went in with a steroid. It cuts down on the swelling in the joint and seemed to me to help lubricate things for awhile. You do feel much much better after the shot, but getting the shot itself is an experience you do not want to do often.

It hurts.

They have to get into the actual joint with the needle. Sometimes they hit the joint from both sides so you get to do it twice. When they inject it feels like they are blowing up a balloon inside the joint, and that pressure is something between pain and just so odd feeling that your mind rejects it. It aches for an hour or so after the shot, and then things start to feel better. The next day life is good.

Have to agree 1000% with Blindrage here ---- " IT HURTS"!!!! I had to have 3 'roid shots in my lower back before eventually having surgery. OH MY GOODNESS !!! ____ the pressure felt like my spine was going to blow out and the hurt 2 to 3 days afterwards !! AAAAAAUUUUGGGHHHH ! The 2nd roid shot I had the nurse actually punctured the protective sack ( dont know actual name ) that surrounds the spinal cord resulting in a SKULL SPLITTING , LAY ON THE FLOOR IN A FETAL POSITION , HEADACHE - the only "cure" for it was to go back and have blood drawn out of my arm and shoot it back into the SAME spot as the shot ! HURT --- well let me say this - IF a Dr. ever tells me I have to get them again ---- Just throw me into PERGATORYand leave me , I'd soon fight the devil himself!!!!

Usually the shot is a combinatiion of local anaesthetic and a corticosteroid to reduce imflammation. Here are two things you need to think about for the future. !) Cortisone can cause long term damage to joint cartilage so most orthopedists do not do more than 2 shots in the same joint over a lifetime. I have evaluated x-rays of patients who received multiple cortisone injections (between 6 and 10) over multiple years the amount of irreversible degenerative damage to the bone was significant. How much was cortisone related and how much was degenerative changes from the problem itself is not assessable but I beleive the cortisone had alot to do wiitht the damage. This issue is well documented.
2) The injection does nothing to eliminate the casue of the problem, and the cause of the problem is most likely some low level of long term cumulative or repetitive trauma stress to the forearm muscles. This could be from an old injury, or how you use your hands at work. the point being that if the shot is successful at redcuing your pain, it might very well be a temporary solution if you do not identify and modify the causitive factors for the problem to develop in the first place.
3) The treatment fyou were utilizing may not have been all wrong as you say, because some of what you did is standard therapy for tennis elbow and it usually works. You may have needed some modification to your regimen, such as icing the elbow after exercise, different strengthening exercises, as well as the extremely important routine of stretching and massage.
4) Understand that tennis elbow is primarily a problem of the forearm muscles being subjected to excessive stress. They go into spasm and the constant spasm pulling of all of the extensor muscles on the back of the forearm pulling on the tendon over time damages the tendon. Long term success at keeping this problem at bay in the future is proper care of the muscle.
Good luck.

I wear the elbow band. I couldn't even swing my hammer had to get a little 16oz one instead of my framing hammer.

I now snug up the throttle damper to take some of the strain of rolling against he spring all the time and as often as possible I let the damper hold the throttle while I bend and flex the arm and elbow.

Has not cured but it will get me thru till winter.

I have been doing the same thing, get the throttle lock snug enough to hold the throttle in position and flex the arm. That does seem to help while riding, but, I still end up suffering the next day.

I appreciate all of the good input as far as the shot goes. I am still seriously considering that if things don't get better soon.

I saw a product out there called arm chaps. Any opinions on whether that would help.

Right now I've got one of those tennis elbow staps on, and it really seems to help. Hoping to find a solution that will let me ride pain free.

It hurts.

Have to agree 1000% with Blindrage here ---- " IT HURTS"!!!! I had to have 3 'roid shots in my lower back before eventually having surgery. OH MY GOODNESS !!! ____ the pressure felt like my spine was going to blow out and the hurt 2 to 3 days afterwards !! AAAAAAUUUUGGGHHHH ! The 2nd roid shot I had the nurse actually punctured the protective sack ( dont know actual name ) that surrounds the spinal cord resulting in a SKULL SPLITTING , LAY ON THE FLOOR IN A FETAL POSITION , HEADACHE - the only "cure" for it was to go back and have blood drawn out of my arm and shoot it back into the SAME spot as the shot ! HURT --- well let me say this - IF a Dr. ever tells me I have to get them again ---- Just throw me into PERGATORYand leave me , I'd soon fight the devil himself!!!!

Can feel the needle going into the nerve in my back, it really burns, no more steroids for me

Back